miércoles, 20 de septiembre de 2017

at least it wasn’t cash…




There’s no cash for everyone and if there is some left, it never last enough due to the prices. Venezuelans can withdraw five thousand bolívares per day, this is, today, the equivalent of twenty cents of a dollar, therefore; in order to get a “whole dollar” in cash, a person must go to the ATM daily at least five days straight, which means it might take a week to get a dollar.  Math aside, almost everything worth more than five thousand bolívares, so we move from this to that with debit cards, yes, debit cards because nobody in a store, not in a small one, actually accepts credit cards; but this is not to imply now. I went to a gas station store to buy this coolant fluid for cars and I’ve found it, which is a joy nowadays, but they were out of POS and I had to pay thirty thousand in cash, meaning six days of bank visiting. I kept walking. Two blocks after I’m watching a car parts shop, got in and they had the POS working but, you can guess, no fluid, so I went on, probably three blocks, asked again: no luck. Finally, A block away from the last sight I´ve found it, again the joy and the lady in the store tells me she must slide the card again because the connection fell down, I said no problem; I was amused, so I paid my shop and came back six or seven blocks to reach the office, got to my work station… about three four hours later I had to transfer some money, and there it’s when I noticed the purchase were charged twice… no further words for it; I was tired enough to walk again those blocks and explain something it wouldn´t be solved the same day, I just accepted because of weariness; I´ve lost that money. I said to myself: at least it wasn’t cash…

People have a lot of passion to tell and so little will to do so, these days at least. I’m feeling tired of such bravery in words at its lack of actions. Everyone who approaches is always suggesting, which sounds more like commanding, what to do or not to. This is no help, not at all; but after one figures out how to deal with, for example the fact I got charged twice for the same purchase, these “sayers”, obviously say: I told you… and perhaps because I’m losing my mind with so much lacking, I told myself again: at least it wasn’t cash…

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por tu visita y tu huella...

Sixth page V