jueves, 12 de octubre de 2023

Second Page



A first break. A break that goes  fast and only with coffee. No food. This is the moment in which I should contemplate and place some thoughts. I kind of feel inspired by some of my workmates.  The way they keep joy and enthusiasm despite the routine is admirable.  I'm not like them but the truth is that somehow they make me forget about my situation for a while. I came up with this because I kind of forgot what I was going to write about. People need to deal with problems everyday; I believe that half of those problems come as a consequence from pretending, to a  certain point, something we are not. The other half tend to be more about knowledge or experience on certain situations.  For example,  many people confuse arrogance with honesty, claiming that they act like that because they are too honest and therefore they can’t lie. This, let’s say, type of  honesty, is hypocrisy. When someone approaches claiming that those hard words he said were meant to be out of honesty, it's not. It's just an ignorant ego stealing space and time with a poor justification, the thing is the conviction,  the one making you stick with that idea of some righteousness learned from an old movie, the kind of movie in which the main character can take a whole city to the ground just to prove that the villain is wrong. I guess the mind works kind of like: when something is missing, a word, a concept, a place, even a feeling, the brain takes whatever closest it can get. Pretend, yes. There is always something we take for granted based on those things we ignore. However what I want to bring up is if we ignore it accidentally or we choose to ignore it.  What in us might determine it? I guess it's our will... But what if I say that those drags of smoke might be what brings faith and will to the same thought,  to the same reflection?  We should acknowledge it: every promise falls into our convictions and we carry it through the smoke. Maybe that's why it fades; because of the anxiety.  Yellow teeth resembles so many promises that couldn't be kept. So the fingers. Specially our hands. How far has this metaphor changed from its meaning. In my hands, in my arms.
 
We keep the faith, and the will, somewhere in the air, in this room, and at this time.  How about health? Health seems to be more like a concept rather than a name. It varies over the years and the places. Covid-19 has clarified that pretty well. In fact, Covid-19 has shown the world that religions don't have the exclusive on closed-minded fanatics. We have always put science in a higher place over any other form of thinking, so these times have brought more angles and perspectives on that. Due to my age, I have had the chance to see the establishment of the cell phone in our society.  I remember when SMS messages came up for the first time and how was, from my angle, their impact back then. I remember it started out kind of like Twitter did: with a limited number of characters and no symbols such as emoticons or gif files at all. It was about the plane text. Sometimes I think about it and wonder whether inventors (tech inventors, I mean) hoped that society would get communicated by the establishment of the text message. Did any of them ever consider the grammatical implications? There is this uncomfortable thing with the information as well: I mean, first, this sort of no-grammatical-considerations veil to cover indeed this another veil which is the veracity of the information. I believe it started with the email, sure,  but when I try to set my own block of thoughts, I might see a pattern,  a route, a path for the information to get deconstructed in data, so thoughts may lose purpose afterward being conducted on a wave of post-truth.  What are thoughts without grammar? Words, words served for multiple puzzles. Do you know the puzzle you’re solving through your words? 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por tu visita y tu huella...