viernes, 5 de julio de 2024

Tenth page VII

 


May 23rd 2019. Last birthday together. I wondered then and I wonder now why that much unnecessary pain. We should only suffer for love and repent and nothing else. It’s not fair to leave this world in agony. It feels like next life is already started with the burden of this one. Something is no working out here. We have made up our minds already but it wasn’t until the end of that year that we made it, did it. The permanent goodbyes. Let’s go some years later. I think about it. My memory is loaded up. Too many worries to afford sadness and saudade moments. Longing, in time, becomes some kind of luxury. You’ll get to it. I guarantee that. Especially for us that our once happy places are so far from here. So far indeed. I thought I was going to write something beautiful in your honor, but it was just like I said: my routine keeps me busy from longing, from missing. My bitterness is taking me over. I’m now repeating everyone’s upset mantra: I work too much to live such a life. I’m tired of being almost and not sufficient in full. I try to wake up in good mood but at the end of the day every mirror face I find is telling me the same over and over: we need more and we don’t have it, and it’s exhausting not to have it. My body still hurts from the moving, and I got nothing, I saved nothing.  That’s the poor paradox: the harder the effort to safe, the more expensive it will be. Throw me back, Thursday  and take me to a better Friday.  I hope God is taking goo care of you both. I hope you three take good care of my own here. That’s my consolation. I want more dessert but I had enough, and sweets are not made for this kind of bitter. So I drink instead. Drink an laugh at these words and at myself. What a waste! Let’s see. We never know, there must be some good news tomorrow, who knows! More work for me. I would like to cry but I can’t afford it.  I’m just a vessel for others’ complaints. That’s my use nowadays.  What a skill! Friday. The signs of the universe and how to read them. I served some coffee to sit in the bathroom and think. Why not! It was dark and I let myself guide by instinct. I place the mug of coffee where I thought I was the hands washer to close the door with both hands. It took less than a second; the mug fell into the basin and broke. There’s no coffee – I have to serve me another cup – and there’s no mug – which was a gift my brother brought me from Spain – How should I interpret this? I mean, is this a bad sing or what! Yesterday it was not that bad at the end but there’s still this bitter feeling around me. The ear I better. I hope it stays that way. No honor as I would have liked but I had some wine and some time by myself. Middle age pleasures.

 

Middle age pleasures indeed. Like watching this beautiful girl smile and that other beautiful girl talk. I got my own beautiful girl. I’m just saying. The black mirror every several minutes. The background image: always a natural heavenly landscape untypical on working people. How many times a year can we actually enjoy such a thing. I am hardly alone for about an hour, and that’s a lot. We love these fantasies. Fantasies take some good time to come up and make your day somewhat worthwhile.  Despite the illusion. So we fantasize and get there, at a special place. The special place, and the screen went black again. Long weekend,  beer time.  I taste it. It’s sunny. I’m kind of sleepy.  The turned out to be a decent one. Let’s enjoy the silence and drink: all ever wanted, all ever needed is here… I can’t think now.  I think I got it, finally.  We need a problem, a resentment to keep as a resource; as an excuse,  we need it to strike back when we feel threatened. Nobody would keep it up that way.  I was in the downtown,  there, not here. I was coming out from Capitolio: that exit in front of La Asamblea, the one when turning left, and right at the next corner, gets you to the entrance of La Plaza Bolívar.  I didn’t get there. I turned to the right again because I wanted to get back to El Metro, our subway, but I couldn’t find the gate where I just came out, so I started walking faster; the same route,  over and over, circling La Asamblea,  our legislative palace, or what’s left of it. I don’t remember how many times I did that walk, I just remember that I woke up pissed on my bed. I guess that I was trying to find the bathroom when I was dreaming… and I failed.  Cleaning Saturday.  Sunny, beautiful weather,  but I have to solve this mess.

 

Expensive Chinese food.  I don’t know. It has turned quite metaphorical today: the money, the pissed, the argument brought it back, the lack of enthusiasm, along with the lack of money, of course. That’s more like a constant,  an explicit constant. Money has never needed interpretation. Money is more like fuel and we know we can’t go too far without it.  So, talking about interpretation; let’s see: the enthusiasm is directly affected by the lack of money, and the body responds accordingly.  We’re sleepy now. We chose to take a nap over a time outdoors. The drinking is affected as well: we had more. Somehow these thoughts of despair need to be drowned for a while, at least to have a proper erection, or just a smile with sincerity while listening to a conversation.  The argument,  - of course, always. - any unfinished fight is good for a let go moment: don’t preach me, I got a lot stored in my head just for you. Lack of money is a trigger of past bitterness.  Perhaps more a preserver of such thoughts. Talking becomes a mined field: watch the steps.  The pissed. Obviously.  Lack of money is a tragedy,  but for the poor is also picturesque, which means, more or less, that this misfortune could be amusing,  even a joke, to others; to you, perhaps. That is sad too, but we have to smile… or drink more! 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por tu visita y tu huella...